Friday 28 May 2010

A day in the life... Part 2

Once I got over the adrenaline rush of the Louboutin sample sale, it was time to head over to a little art gallery in the back streets of W1 for a party dedicated to sunglasses. How fab is that?! Miss Magpie loves a good pair of shades and an evening of wine and playing dress up with tonnes of different sunglasses styles is right up her street.

First came Australian brand, Le Specs. With a reasonable price point - between £30 and £60 - these glasses are young, fun, trendy and friendly on the old purse strings.

These are my absolute faves:

Angular Symphony

I would have showed you them on me, but the model is way hotter...in fact the whole look book and collection has that whole Aussie blonde bombshell, beach babe thing going on, making these sunnies a surefire hit this season.

The other brand on show (in little bird cages - how cute) was Karen Walker. This collection has to be the best yet and my lust-list is far too long for this blog, so here are my top 3 styles:

 Number One

Loving the retro vibe of these sunnies. I'm a sucker for tortoise shell and I love the modern twist on an old shape.

 The Village

How perfect are these for all those summer festivals coming up? The orange frames are really flattering - trust me on this one - and will have you at the centre of attention where ever you go. Shrinking violets need not apply (Miss Magpie is certainly not one of those).

 Rover

A round pair of sunnies = a must for every girl. Fullstop.

All we need now is for the sun to come back!

Karen Walker is available from Urban Outfitters, Asos.com, My Sugarland, Goodhood Boutique.

Le Specs is available at Urban Outfitters, Asos.com, Topshop, My Sugarland Boutique, Pop-Store at Whiteleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment