Sunday 12 December 2010

My Christmas Wish List

What do you get the man who has everything? Well, this is the very quandary I found myself in last week whilst trying to find a Christmas present for my darling beau.

I did eventually find something and I'm really quite excited about his reaction when he opens it. Just in case he ever decides to read Style State, I'd better keep it a secret until after he's opened it. I promise to share asap after that though.

Anyway, all this got me thinking about the struggle he must be having to find a present for me! So I thought I'd be ever so helpful and draw up a little list of goodies I'd like (and anyone who feels like it is welcome to pop something under my Xmas tree!):

1. The OMG clutch


Anya Hindmarch, £250.



Well I just don't know when I wouldn't use this! It's totally up my street and I can imagine it going with absolutely everything.


2. The oh-so comfy cashmere


Figleaves Cashmere night set, £115, and wrap cardigan, £100.

Yes, I'm all about the comfort and what's more comfortable than cashmere?!

3. The good luck charm





Annina Vogel 9-karat gold agate horseshoe necklace, £550.

Everyone needs a little helping hand on the luck front and if it means I get to wear this totally cute horseshoe necklace, even better!

4. The diet aid


Magimix ice-cream maker, £219.95


I know what you are thinking - how can an ice-cream maker be a diet aid? Well, my beau's very clever sister has been making me frozen yoghurt with hers. Take any fat free yoghurt, put in here for 1/2 hour and voila, frozen yoghurt, Not only delicious, but there's no guilt involved at all. A must have.

5. The bridezilla comforter


Lanvin Suitcase Honeymoon set, £415.


Well, what an ideal present for a bride-to-be...though perhaps a bit premature. Maybe I should be urging my beau to actually think about the honeymoon destination first. In any case, I'm sure I'll be needing this set...so why wait?!

6. The 1950's housewife kitchen



Oliver Bonas Pip Studio set of 4 plates, £30, and Pip Studio small plate, £7.50


I am totally in love with these kitsch plates. I've been honing my domestic skills for a while now and I think it is about time that I was rewarded with some absolutely fab crockery. I'll definitely be a better Mrs with these!


7. The environmental treat


Brooks Devon rear panniers, £460.



What's the point of riding around London on my Pashley with Waitrose bags hanging off the handlebars? Not chic at all. When I go shopping, I'd like to be able to still look good (Pashley's are poser bikes remember!), so these rear wheel bags will do just the trick. Though perhaps at that price I could just head to Mulberry...

8. The moves


Wedding dance classes, approx. £250 for 5 hours.


This is perhaps one I should be buying for my beau, but let's face it, we both need to brush up our dance techniques for the big day. Though I've had many years of dance training (of all different types) I have never learnt the traditional numbers. My beau is erm, well in need of some loosening up! Not only will this be fun, we can wow our wedding guests next July.

9. The bedtime treat


A VERY big bed, £££££.


My secret is out: I'm a starfish sleeper. Much to my beau's dismay, he has chosen to marry someone who can not keep to her side of the bed. The solution? A very big bed! I would love a hotel sized bed, with Tempur mattress and sumptuous topper. I'm getting sleepy just at the thought of it. Zzzzzzzz...

10. The charitable choice

Christmas is for many of us, a time of gluttony and greed, but for lots of others it is lonely and miserable. I think it is important that we all do something for those less fortunate than ourselves - after all, Christmas is a time of giving.

I like to donate to Crisis at Christmas and this year I am donating money to help provide the UK's homeless with a Christmas meal. You can do the same, right here.

And...

...with that, I bid you all some very joyful Christmas shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment