I am totally, 100% in love with this look! It's perfect for day or night, not just the red carpet (its normal play ground). But seriously, could we ever create this look ourselves? It looks bloody difficult and with just one pair of hands...er, how?! Well, always dedicated to the cause, Miss Magpie thought she'd give it a whirl. Here's what happened:
What do you think? Not bad, even if I say so myself!! However, it did take a whole morning (Miss Magpie does not accept failure well) and I had to enlist the help of another pair of hands. I reckon it's a case of practise making perfect...good job we've got at least 6 months before the A/W'10 trends go live.
If you'd like to look like a Prada model, here's how:
1. You'll need a hair brush, a backcombing comb and a hell of a lot of pins
2. Start by brushing the top section of your hair forward and work down to the ear on both sides, brushing the hair forward.
3. Next, start taking sections of the hair from your crown and backcomb with firm movements from the tip down to the base of the hair. Work all the way through your hair.
4. Then gather up the back-brushed hair and start moulding it round to create height and gather up at the base to support the beehive at the front. Secure with pins to keep the hair in place.
5. Start smoothing and pulling the front sections loosely round the backcombed hair to give it a more polished finish. Secure these sections at the back wth more pins.
6. Keep it all in place with lashings of strong hold hairspray. I recommend L'Oreal Elnett - there's nothing it won't hold and smells amazing (I think I might be hooked on it)!
The alternative, of course, is to just pop down to your hairdresser...