Thursday 11 February 2010

Art for style's sake

The last time I sported a fake tattoo was probably in the early Nineties (and it was most likely an image of Mickey Mouse - cringe!), but it looks like that might be all change come the Teenies. Tats are big business this season thanks to the genius of Karl Lagerfeld, who had his models parade the catwalk covered in intricate floral designs and chain mail. Take a look at the pics below - don't you just adore the dangling Chanel logos? I'm totally obsessed!


And there I was thinking I was going to have to get out my Sharpie to emulate Karl's fab designs, when I learnt that Chanel stores are going to be stocking 55 different tranfer designs, from March. I'm already on the waiting list (possibly the most exciting list to be on at the mo) and can't wait to flash some skin art. Watch this space!

Problem is i'm the most impatient girl I know and March may as well be 2050 as far as i'm concerned. So, this weekend i'm getting myself down to Anya Hindmarch, who has cleverly taken a leaf out of Chanel's book. This weekend, and this weekend only, Anya Hindmarch's pop-up Tattoo Parlour (in Notting Hill) is decorating our body parts with cheeky temporary designs to get you in the mood for V day. I love the whimisal take on the trad sailor tat - sooo Spring Summer (nautical themes are everywhere).


Trust me, this is one bandwagon you want to jump on!


No comments:

Post a Comment