Monday 22 February 2010

LFW: Part 1 - Miss Magpie's picks

London Fashion Week is now in full swing and Somerset House has been a buzzing hub of activity, dolled up fashionistas, rain soaked shoes (not liking that so much) and the odd fall (why they don't cover the cobbles at Somerset House is beyond me?! Who wears flats to LFW?). We've had some moments of genius, some not-so-inspired looks and some shows which have been so popular, that people have still been queueing to get in when the show is nearing an end (having been on the receiving end of this, I was far from impressed!).

I'm bursting to show you all my fave looks and what I will be attempting to replicate next season - unless I win the lottery, in which case, this is exactly what I will be wearing come October:

Todd Lynn AW'10 - loving the winter appropriate lingerie look


(Topshop) Unique AW'10 - Not quite sure how i'll get on the tube at 8am sporting this antler hat (I'll certainly give it a go), but really like the wild-feral-military feel. The whole collection is a bit bonkers and a complete delight to the eyes

 
Charles Anastase AW'10 - OMG I totally adore this look. Who'd have thought that the 1960's mum look would be given a revival. More of a summer colour, but I reckon the mix of coral shades will liven up my autumn/winter wardrobe no end.

 
Louise Goldin AW'10 - Ever since I saw LG's first collection, I knew she was heading for big things. Taking the peplum to new levels, her structured knitwear is just to die for. Love love love the glittering gothicness of this collection.


Maria Grachvogel AW'10 - now i'm not really a fan of Maria (it's all a bit mumsy and bland), but i really liked this Halston-esque full length gown.


Matthew Williamson AW'10 - I was surprised to see this from Matthew Williamson as he's most well-known for his youthful, bright, flirty dresses. This seems rather grown-up but i'm super excited that leather is here to stay.

Erin O'Conner - just had to get a pick of Erin. She was looking absolutely radiant!

I'll be back soon with another round-up of the best from LFW...

No comments:

Post a Comment