Monday 15 February 2010

Double-take

Miss Magpie's heart is still fluttering after a V day spent with her delicious beau, gorging on afternoon tea (and several flutes of bubbly) followed by a screening of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', at the always fabulous Soho Hotel. It was terribly romantic and Valentine's indulgent - such fodder for all those V day cynics out there, but I loved it.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Here's Audrey in all her glory:


Isn't she just divine?! No matter how many times I watch Holly Golightly literally light up the screen, I can't get over how perfect she is. And her costumes. Simply to die for. So beautiful and immaculate. So classic and feminine. So iconic.

Cooincidentally, another style icon (I call her that, much to my chagrin) was simultaneously showcasing her AW'10 collection in New York. Victoria Beckham, now in her fourth season, has managed yet again, to wow the fash-pack with another collection of figure-hugging dresses, that tend to give me a funny sense of deja-vu.

I've never been a fan of the ex-Spice Girl (though will always be a huge fan of the Spice Girls) and i've tried very hard not to fall for her fashion line. Did you see her on American Idol and her critiques of the contestants' outfits? Not only cringey, but so, so wrong. But it's hard to dislike a collection that resembles one of my style icons so much.



Uncanny isn't it?!



I guess you have to giver her kudos for revamping a tried and tested style, but I just can't help feeling that VB's fashion line is just an amalgamation of previously seen winning looks.

'Too much of something'...can get a bit dull Posh.

No comments:

Post a Comment