Wednesday 24 February 2010

LFW: Part 2 - Miss Magpie's picks

LFW is pretty much over for another season and boy has there been some awe-inspiring shows. Equally, there have been some shows that have left me either bored or horrified (or both), but let's no go there.

Here are some more of my highlights from LFW A/W'10:

Christopher Kane A/W'10

This look ticks all of my boxes - slutty without being smutty, chic yet fun and enough daring to make sure you stand out (Miss Magpie is no shrinking violet). Though I adore this look, there was some pretty dodgy floral embroidery and Oriental collars going on that i'm not entirely sold on. Will they grown on me? They've got until next autumn to work on it. In the meantime i'll stick to some of the great separates Kane threw in.


Erdem A/W'10

Erdem has always been the master of the print, but this season it was this utterly lustworthy trench coat that caught my eye. It is my idea of perfection, especially with this totally luxurious shearling lined hood. The printed dresses were pleasant enough (read 'blah') but weren't the usual vivid colours we are used to...and I miss that.


Paul Smth A/W'10

Paul Smith came as a bit of a surprise to me. I'm not normally that interested (sorry Sir Paul) but this season, I could really see the collection working. I thought the mix of country casuals with city chic worked really well. I'm not too sure on the PVC macs and highly unoriginal torn tights, but i'll forgive that on the strength of the rest.


Marios Schwab A/W'10

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Marios Schwab, so I hate to admit that this season I was a little disappointed. Going back to his Austrian roots (because Lederhosen have always been such a huge hit on the fashion front?!) the collection went a bit too themed for my liking. However, there were some great shapes that are very wearable (that's the other thing: it seems that Schwab is now going more commercial and dampening down his previous flamboyance - I guess he has to make some money like the rest of us).


Antonio Berardi A/W'10

OMG. Total and utter triumph. Antonio Berardi designs for the woman we all aspire to be: mature, sophisticated, sexy and comfortable in her own skin. This collection included some magnificent silhouettes that really worked on the curves of the female body. There was nothing about it I didn't like. I want it. All.


Basso & Brooke A/W'10

Because I love a crazy print every now and again, I always look forward to the Basso & Brooke show and this season I was in print heaven. Almost like the Magic Eye poster I had in my youth, this collection drew you in and had you mesmerised. Pulling away from the prints, there were some gorge dresses and coats that are bound to liven up next winter.


Nathan Jenden A/W'10

How could you not like this show? Full of excitment and zing, every single look delivered a burst of energy. I have a particular penchant  for all things animal print, so to see so much zebra trotting down the catwalk, I was delighted.


Buberry A/W'10

I just had to save the best for last. Christopher Bailey is without a doubt, an absolute genius. Firstly, I love how Burberry are persuing their aim of world domination with their live screenings and 3D showings. What a stroke of brilliance! Secondly, the collection. Wow. Comprised of military uniform style cover-ups and super-sexy OTK boots, there was nothing I didn't like (or want). My fave coats were the shearling, pilot styles with big collars (I love a dramatic collar), but i'd wear any one of them to be honest. Burberry must have known they would be in demand as they begain taking pre-orders on their website straight after the show. Oh, how I can't wait for next winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment