Wednesday 27 July 2011

Wedding No. 1 - The Registry Office

Wedding No. 1? Yes, that's right. Wedding No. 1 out of 3.
Like I always say, there's no point doing something unless you are going to do it properly!

So, on Friday June 24th, my beau and I tied the knot at the ultra glamorous (!) Enfield Registry Office. Marylebone Town Hall is so last year.

It was an emotionally charged day, with tears all round. Tears of joy, I'm sure. My tears began as soon as I started walking down the aisle. With my Grandfather on one arm and my Father on the other, and with my beau waiting for me in the distance, it was really quite overwhelming.

Lucky me: Two of the greatest men the world has ever seen, standing on either side of me.

My top lip is quivering...hold it together...

I've reached the end and now my beau is the one in tears! I love this shot...

Before we knew it, we were pronounced husband and wife:







And with the blink of an eye, we were a Mr & Mrs, with everyone around congratulating us. It was one of the most surreal moments of my life. I wish I could do it all over again...in slow motion!

No wedding is complete without confetti in your eye!

See, Enfield Registry Office is really quite pretty.

The obligatory groom carrying bride photo...which all brides love. And all grooms dread!

I don't think we could look much happier!

And there you have it. Our 'official' wedding. In and out in 30 minutes. Good job there were two more to go! How other brides have just one wedding is beyond me ;-)

Now, down to the best bit. The clothes. 


My handsome beau had a three-piece suit tailored in Hong Kong. It was charcoal grey with a black satin collar and was based on a Dolce suit I'd seen in a mag. The tailor did rather a good job I think.


I opted for a white column dress from Notte by Marchesa, which I teamed with gold sandals from Jimmy Choo (can be seen in pics above), and a diamond and sapphire jewellery set that was a wedding gift from my grandparents (erm, how amazing!).

And to top it off, a beautiful bunch of fuschia Peonies. My fave!

Following on from this, my beau's parents held a lunch for 120 people, followed by a reception for 500. Like I said, this was a very small wedding!


At 11pm, we set off together for our first night of marital bliss, in to the Hertforshire countryside.

Marital argument no.1.
Following bad directions in the dark is very hard. Men just don't seem to get it.

Anyway, once we finally got there we had a lovely night as Mr & Mrs. I won't show you the other outfits from the day ;-)

Next morning, it was an early start as we had to return home for the next set of events.

For my first outfit as a married woman, I chose Paris as my inspiration:


Well, sort of.

Right, bed time. 'Til tomorrow...

Mrs Magpie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment