Wednesday 3 August 2011

Wedding No. 3 - The White One

Having managed to successfully limit my wine intake the night before (something I'm not generally skilled at), I awoke to another glorious day at Dar Sabra in Marrakech feeling on top of the world.

I could have been very melancholy were it not for the fact that I still had another wedding to go. Yep, we'd saved the best for last. Today was the white wedding. The one where I get to wear a poofy white dress and finally tell me beaux how much I love him.

After a pretty chilled day it was once again time to get ready. With my bridesmaids taking care of me I was as relaxed as relaxed can be. And before we knew it, it was our cue to go...

My gorgeous bridesmaids (just three on this day) walked out to Vivaldi's "Four Seasons: Spring" in pretty awesome (atleast that's what I think, but I did choose them) purple dip-dyed fringed flapper dresses...

 
That's them a little later in the evening, cooling off. 
They were wearing shoes at the beginning. Promise!

Meanwhile, my dad was giving me a few final words of advice...

A treasured memory

And then it started...Pachelbel's "Canon in D" and off we went...



It was a truly special moment in my life.

I chose a bespoke lace and tulle fishtail number from the White Leaf Boutique in Brighton. It was the second wedding dress I ever tried on...and the last. I knew it was my dress from the minute I saw it...and as soon as I put it on, it was confirmed!

I teamed it with my gorgeous Christian Louboutin white lace heels and a bunch of fuchsia and baby pink Atlas roses. Ooh, and some diamond jewellery given to me by my lovely in-laws!

J'adore

Let me tell you about these shoes...
I did indeed buy them rather prematurely. Before my beau even popped the question in fact.
You see, I was at a Christian Louboutin sample sale and when I set eyes on them, I knew I had to get married in them. I had THE man - I was pretty convinced we were going to be together for ever - so I didn't think it too harmful to buy THE shoes...and three days later, he proposed. So, it all worked out rather nicely in the end.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand...

Our darling friend Matt officiated this short, intimate ceremony...


My University saviour, Sophie, read my fave extract from "The Velveteen Rabbit" by Margery Williams...


Then my beau's best gal pals, Hattie & Holly, sang the most beautiful rendition of Adele's "Make You Feel My Love"...


And finally, my lovely mummy read Kahlil Gibran's "On Marriage"...

Obvs, Joe the photographer will have a better pic of this!

Serious snaps for my amazing mum. She donned a turquoise Preen dress with Gianmarco Lorenzi skyscraper heels and vintage Dior costume jewellery. A-mazing! (more pics to come)
Once the ceremony was over...





 
(back of the order of events)



...everyone congregated around the pool for champagne, canapes and Frank Sinatra (music of)...


...and laughter...


...and pure hilarity...

...before heading to their tables for a yummy three course dinner, speeches and much merriment.



Joe took a brilliant pic of us...


...if only I could get my beau to be that obedient all the time!!




After dinner we moved over to the 'club' area for dancing and drinking...but first, the cutting of the cake:


A huge tower of pink macaroons, complete with giant sparklers!

The tossing of the bouquet came next...

...however there was quite a scrum and the photos did not come out very well.

Our first dance followed... Let's not go there!

And then the real party began!


It got quite hot, so some people stripped off. Seriously.


I went down a different 'cooling off' route...


...and my beau tried this...


Which was not very funny.

We kept hunger at bay with a shwarma man...


But the real stars of the night were my grandparents...who were on the dance floor until 3am!



At about 4.30am, we had to call it a night, much to everyone's dismay. But as they say, all good things must come to end :-(

Good job really, because my new hubby and I had to be up a few hours later, back in our wedding gear, for a shoot in the desert. Here's a sneak preview...


The local villagers were glued!! Haha!

All in all, a bloomin' good time was had by all...

...and there's even more to come. 

Watch this space!

Love Mrs Magie
xxx

1 comment: