Friday 9 July 2010

I want to join the couture club!

Where do designers go to let their imaginations run completely free and wild? Why, Couture Fashion Week of course. This season, our favourite couturiers did not disappoint. Karl Lagerfeld's giant lion, Valentino's gift wrap dresses, Christian Dior's giant flowers...there was so much for Miss Magpie to oggle, that she barely knows where to begin!

Here are my 5 highlights from Couture Week:

 Chanel Couture A/W'10

Karl's hit the jackpot; ding, ding, ding! What a totally fantastic stage he set up. A ginormous replica of a statue owned by Coco Chanel herself, Karl's lion stands loud and proud. And how befitting that the king of the catwalk chose the king of the jungle. Love it! The clothes? Yeh, they were ok too I suppose.

Christian Dior Couture A/W'10

A burst of colourful flowers played host to a jaw-droppingly, gorgeous collection of dresses. I would wear any single one of them, any day of the week, were I ever given the opportunity of course.

 Valentino A/W'10

You can always count on Valentino to come up with a collection that is super feminine and pretty. This look was the highlight for me, though i'm not quite sure how you are meant to hold your glass of champers - you know how important that is to me!

 Givenchy Couture A/W'10

Givenchy always provides the 'edge' that I crave. This dress is part glamourista, part mutant - who'd have thought that was a match made in heaven?!

Jean Paul Gaultier Couture A/W'10

It's the gorgeous Dita! Who cares what the clothes were like - hell, I don't even remember - when the finale is a bondage, corseted Dita von Teese? Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment