Tuesday 3 May 2011

Met Ball 2011: An ode to Alexander McQueen

After the excitement of the Royal Wedding, it was hard to believe that we would be given another fashion feast so soon, but last night the Who's Who of fashion and film came together for the annual Met Ball bash.

This year, guests paid tribute to Alexander McQueen (RIP): A wonderful theme.

There were so many amazing outfits, I just don't know where to begin. So I'll start with the lovely ladies who wore McQueen...

Sarah Jessica Parker

 Salma Hayek

Gisele Bundchen

Daphne Guinness

They all look sensational. My fave has to be Daphne Guinness - she actually looks quite silly, but only she would have the guts to wear something quite so outrageous! It doesn't look on her, quite how it looked on the catwalk earlier this year. But as a tribute to the designer, Daphne certainly get's my vote!

And for those who chose to pay tribute to McQueen in other ways, here are my top ten:

Blake Lively in Chanel

Oh gosh, I just adore this number. The figure-hugging under-layer covered in draped fabric is a stroke of pure genius.

Madonna in Stella McCartney

When Madge does it well, she really smashes it. Classic and glamorous. Lovely.

Diane Kruger in Jason Wu

 I am so feeling the thigh slit at the moment and Diane makes easy work of it in this dress.

Lily Donaldson in Erdem

If you've got it, flaunt it! Not many people could pull off this lace number, but Lily looks just divine.

Jennifer Lopez in Gucci

Love the colour, love the shape, love the frill, love it ALL!

Rene Zellweger in Carolina Herrera

Rene is always loyal to Carolina. And why not? She always look fab...and just look at those legs!

Miranda Kerr in Marchesa

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. That's all I have to say.

Fergie in Marchesa

I liked this. Then I didn't. Now I do again. I think the problem was, that it is much more delicate than we are used to seeing Fergie, but she pulls it off well.

Iman in Stella McCartney

If I look this hot when I am 55, I'd be wearing this sequin jumpsuit. Iman looks superb!

Shalom Harlow in Marchesa

The dress I love. The hair I do not. The dress has so much going on, that a sleek up-do would have been a much better finish. But, the dress itself is just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment