Saturday 6 November 2010

Next season, right now!

Miss Magpie's been running across London having a sneak peak at what delights next season has in store for us. It's a tough job but someone's got to do it!

I started off at the Fashion Press Week exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery. There were 3 particular things that caught my eye...

Monica & Joe

Everything is going into Cyberspace these days, and if Net-a-Porter, Asos.com and My-Wardrobe are anything to go by, there's a huge market for fashion websites.


Launching in January 2011, Monica&joe.co.uk will stock some of the very coolest and newest brands out there. I'm personally looking forward to the Danish offerings they will have on offer, like Margit Brandt and Munthe Plus Simonsen. The Danes are skyrocketing right now - take Noma for example, could they have been more successful if they tried?!

Monica & Joe will also have other little known labels such as Ambre Babzoe, Simeon Farrar and Nobody. How exciting!


This little jumpsuit, by Cacharel is one piece that caught my eye...and everything on this site is going to be a cool as this...well, I'm sold!

Superdry

I haven't been swept up by the Superdry-mania that's going around right now...but I popped along to have a look anway. It was all the usual t-shirts and Superdry logo on EVERYTHING, but then there was also this dress...


...I think it's rather cute (relatively speaking). I can see that looking good on some one!

Ash

The converse-style trainer people have come up with this little kiddie versions...


Too cute! Makes me want to have a baby just looking at them!

I was also treated to some lovely little reminders of the things I had seen...

Courtesy of Austin Reed...


Loving the tribal feel of this statement necklace - totally my thing.

And thank you to Ambre Babzoe for my gorge new sparkling cuff!


A quick dash across town later and I was in shoe heaven...

Gina

I popped in to the Gina press office to meet the lovely Angie and Lorraine - my popping in ended up being an hour long natter - we almost forgot why I was there!

But not quite. Here's a sneak preview of the new London Collection, bringing some colour and youth to the very glitzy label.


These are awesome. I can totally see myself tottering down Bond Street in these!


Hardly surprising that Miss Magpie loves the Gina bling (it's all in my name), so it's great so see a mix of colour and crystal.


I totally need these - they're the perfect black tie shoe.

I still love trad Gina, but it's great to see them mixing it up a bit.

Christian Louboutin

Being my shoe God, I was of course rather excited to be welcomed in to the red boudoir-style showrooms of the East London press office to get a glimpse at what treasure lies in store for us next season.

I wasn't allowed to take pics of the best styles (boo!) but I can tell you now that you are going to be going Louboutin-crazy next season!






No commentary needed - those beauts just speak for themselves.

A quick manicure later, courtesy of Revlon, and a couple of flutes of champers (merci Monsieur Louboutin) I was ready for my next visit of the day.


(Thank you to Revlon for making sure that I will never run out of amazing colours to decorate my nails. Amazing, no?)

Asos

Occupying the whole of the Victoria Basement in Bloomsbury Square was Asos. There was so much to see... (I was a bit exhausted by this point, so my picture taking sort of stopped. Sorry.).

Launching Asos Revive, Asos are taking old styles and making them new. I love the Seventies feel (very next season) of these two dresses...


You wouldn't be able to help but feel like a goddess in this dress.


I totally need this layered-sleeve kaftan as a beach cover up. It is just so gorgeous. I really hope it goes in to production and that we will actually be able to buy it!!

Watch out too, for Asos Marketplace. They are launching a part of the site that enables people like you and me, or small designers, to set up their own shop... More info to come soon!

Et voila, my day was done. Hopefully that has got your juices flowing for next season's hottest items. Let me know what your fave pieces are...

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment