Tuesday 2 November 2010

My Halloween mojo returns

Well, my dear readers, I hope you had a wonderful Halloween. I did.

Since I hung up my Cat Woman costume a few years ago (alas, age got the better of me), I haven't really found myself embracing the spirit of Halloween. That was until the Mahiki charity night last week.

Thanks to the girls at Brushstrokes (a totally fab make-up school), that's all change.


The theme was modern vampire, a la True Blood. I haven't been absorbed by the recent obsession with these vampire programmes (erm, I'm a bit of a scardey-cat), but I figured my long black black tie gown, some (fake) diamonds and some red lippy would do the trick.

Add to that some fantastic make-up from the Brushstroke girls and you have one gory girl. Amazing how real this slash was!


My lil' bro, Brother Gym, found his inner vampire...and it was pretty scary how accurate his look was. I'm actually a little frightened just looking at this pic. And Bro Gym, if you are reading this, I definitely think those contacts should stay - minus the bloody tear drop!


As I mentioned before, I was judging the Best Dressed comp with the magnificent Henry Conway (right). Here's Henry donning a fab wig and cape alongside our Best Dressed Man, Richard Andrews. Richard actually did his own make-up. I'd hate to think what goes on in his mind!!


As for our Best Dressed Lady, well Kat Harrington stood out a mile in this patent PVC body-suit. Maybe I was feeling nostalgic for my very own cat suit, or maybe I was seduced by her Gwen Stefani-esque look, or perhaps because she just looked great...but Henry and I were in love with Kat's hotter-than-hot look!

All-in-all it was a fabulous night with plenty of blood and gore, much merriness and lots of money being raised for our chosen charity, The Haven.

I think I've got my Halloween mojo back. Mwahahahahahahahahaha.....

No comments:

Post a Comment