Thursday 27 January 2011

Floating on cloud couture...

Oh my! This season's Couture week is just oozing with luscious fluffiness and sheer prettiness (and a few rather less aesthetically pleasing looks - but let's not go there).

Today saw the turn of Elie Saab and let me just say that the man done good. Very good. Utterly divine in fact. There is not a single dress in the collection that I will not dream of tonight.

Elie is just a genius at creating the most feminine, sexy and ostentatious (without being OTT or distasteful) pieces.

Just see for yourself:











Ok, so I've given you most of the collection there, but I just could not decide on my few favourite looks - they are all heavenly and all bound to be fought over for the red carpet. I can't wait to see who gets to wear what, and Elie, if you are out there, I'd be more than willing to oblige...

Another man tapping in to our inner girls was a certain Mr Karl Lagerfeld. For Chanel's Spring 2011 Couture collection, he went all light and fluffy...



Candy floss, cotton wool... That's what I'll be hemming my skirts with this season. And have you noticed the flat shoes? Only Karl. Only Karl.

...

Oh crap, I've spent far too long drooling over all these looks and not enough time writing...it's 2am...must sleep...will report more tomorrow...come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment