Wednesday 23 March 2011

Farewell Shad Pad!

Ok, so I haven't exactly been honest with you recently. Perhaps I've been in denial, I don't know. But whatever the excuse, it's time to come clean.

So, my beau and I moved out of our beautiful apartment last week. After 2 years (5 1/2 for him) I bid farewell to the Shad Pad. It was an emotional week, after all, this fabulous apartment has played host to pretty much everyone we know, to some crazy dinner parties and a few rather huge parties (our engagement party probably holds the record - we got 110 of our nearest and dearest in to our living room!).

Let's play tribute to Miss Magpie and her beau's first home together...

Our living room - movie nights, pre-dinner cocktails, Miss Magpie's 'office'...What couldn't we do here?

The most used kitchen in London? The hub of Shad Pad life.

 Just enough space don't you think?

Our boudoir, complete with cuddly pig (just a reminder to my beau that if he doesn't behave, I've always got something else to snuggle up to!)

 My dressing room (part of) - when you grow out of this room, you know you either need to move or get rid of some stuff. I've done both!

The hot tub: If those mirror tiles could talk...well, you'd be in for a treat!

Spare room - sisters, brothers, friends, strangers...they've all had a turn

Other spare room - housing the most comfortable bed EVER, it's quite a surprise that anyway stayed awake long enough to create a baby. But that they did. Baby Rio (now 4 or 5) was conceived right there!!

Thank you for letting me indulge myself! We will miss this home terribly...but we're moving on to more exciting stuff...

...yes, dear readers, it's time for me to let you in on a rather big secret...

WE ARE MOVING FROM HERE:


TO HERE:


Can you guess what it is yet?

That's right, HONG KONG!!

Yes, we're making the rather large move to the other side of the world. In fact, my beau has been out there for 2 months and is just waiting for me to follow. I'll be heading over in 4 weeks time.

Imagine what Miss Magpie can report on from there...this is not an end, but a new beginning, and I hope that you will all follow me on my adventure? Please say yes!

See you in Hong Kong (and a bit in London before then)...

Bisoux xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment