Tuesday 15 February 2011

Baftas, New York, roses and more!

Oh my, oh my, oh my - so much fabulous fashion fun going on right now. New York Fashion Week, award ceremonies galore, Katie Price launching her fashion line...

Where shall we begin?

Awards ceremonies


The Grammys - well I won't dwell on this, but let's just say that there was lots of bling, gowns with high slits, cut-out backs...nothing amazing or original. Dullness.

The Baftas - now we're talking! The stars pulled out all the stops (though obviously there were some tragedies...*clears throat* Emma Watson):

Julianne Moore looked simply divine in a deep blue velvet column dress by Tom Ford. 
What en elegant lady! 

Wearing my fave Lanvin dress of the season, Emma Stone just glows. Simple and effortless. Bravo!

Jessica Alba brings some Hollywood glamour to London in her cobalt blue Atelier Versace gown.

Thandie Newton has to be my absolute fave. She looks gorgeous in this fuschia printed Monique L'hullier floor-sweeping dress. 

New York Fashion Week

It's hard to say what trends we'll be seeing for Autumn/Winter 2011 already, but here's a sneak peek at what's caught my eye so far...

Luxury at Carolina Herrera

 DKNY finds its inner tomboy

Duro Olowu piles on the prints

 Diane Von Furstenberg ups the glam factor

 High intensity at Malandrino

Sculpture and structure take centre-stage at Thakoon

Victoria Beckham prepares for her pregnancy with loose knits. Love the hood.

It's looking good so far...let's hope it stays that way. 

More to come soon...

Katie Price

If you weren't sure if I was being sarcastic about Katie Price, take a look at her new 'fashion' line:






Oh wow...Katie, you have actually rendered me speechless. Called Day 22, because new products are going to be released on the 22nd of each month (I guess Katie needs to keep it simple), the collection seems to be...
...actually I don't know what it is. One thing I do know is that you'll never catch me dead in it!

And in other news...

My carboot sale on Sunday went very well - thank you to those of you who came down to rescue my unwanted goods.

 There's Mummy Magpie hard at work!

And finally...

Happy Valentine's Day! Although my beau is all the way in Hong Kong he managed to get me my fave roses delivered. What a lovely surprise to come home to after a long gym session. I'm a very lucky girl ;-)



BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment