Friday 25 February 2011

London Fashion Week AW'11, Day Four

Day Four was, thank god, a much more relaxed day. I spent the day hunting around the LFW exhibition for some fab fashion finds...oh yes, and I made a little detour to the Giles show.

Today, I went for something a little less classy than yesterday.


I teamed my Henry Holland suspender tights and D&G gold sequin string vest, with my very old H&M chunky knit, my fave Mawi necklace and my Dune thigh-high boots. I spent most of the day pulling down my skirt and pulling up my tights...I think I'm too old for this look!

GILES

Giles opted to show at the Royal Courts of Justice - having already been there the night before, it wasn't quite as spectacular as the first time round... LFW does spoil you!

The show - had I been able to see any of it, I might be able to comment. Even though I was seated in the second row, I was right at the far end and the rather dim models didn't seem to make it half way down the catwalk before turning around. Dur!

From what I could see, there was definitely an emphasis on all things Victoriana...meshed with some very current trends - i.e. double length skirts, hair (of the goat variety), bows in the hair (of the on-the-head variety)... White shirts were made to look particularly sexual, pulled back hair with pretty bows came across as rather fetishist and the booties could easily have stepped out of a Victorian brothel - oh to get in to Giles' imagination!

Oozing sexual femininity, these are all items I'd love to have hanging in my wardrobe

THE EXHIBITION

Here are the goodies I found at the London Fashion Week Exhibition:

Erickson Beamon had me drooling over this dramatic piece...

...while AKong wowed with this gorgeous collar...

...and it was love at first sight with this fur sleeved coat from Hotel Particulier...

 ...but who wouldn't love this multi-faceted cuff from Sarah Angold Studio...

...and these designs from Shao Yen are most desirable.
 
Day Four ended with an early night and cup of Options. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment