Wednesday 17 March 2010

Magpie cry :-(

So, I was going to give you a rundown of my fave shows at Paris and Milan fashion weeks today (note 'was'). While I was going gooey over Dolce and weaping (with joy) over Chanel, I couldn't fully get my head around A/W'10, because I still have one major sticking point with S/S'10. Here lies the culprit:


The clog. Yuk! These attrocities are the work of a sartorial genius: Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel. I would never dream of criticising such an amazing man, but I just don't know why everyone is going crazy for the clog - Sunday Times Style have them going UP on their barometer. UP!?! They are at the bottom of mine. Just because Karl designed them, does not mean we all have to worship them. It's ok to not like them and I have a funny feeling that if lots of so-called clog fans just let their true feelings come out, they may not be jumping on the bandwagon so quickly.

And the thing is, most of us will be resigned to following the trend (i'm seathing to call it that) with high-street imitation. Trust me, the high street have not got it right and their copies are even uglier than the real thing (too ugly even for me to have them pictured on my blog). And if you haven't tried walking in them yet, well good luck is all I can say.

Please don't do it. I beg you!

Apologies for interrupting my important A/W'10 review with this report, but I couldn't let this one slip. Come back tomorrow for my A/W highlights...

2 comments:

  1. agreed! My hatred for the clog is not even normal! The wooden heel - i mean who wears something with a wooden heel. Actual vomit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. Vomit vomit vomit!!!

    ReplyDelete