Monday 15 March 2010

Miss Magpie returns

Hello, hello!

Wow, it feels like a lifetime ago that I last put pen to paper (or finger to laptop as the case may be). Lots has happened in the last 10 days: weddings, earthquakes, the Oscars, Alexander McQueen's last show, 5 long plane journeys. It's been a bit of a whirlwind really! I thought i'd summarise everything in one post rather than go over every event of the last 10 days in detail.

Let's start with my adventure in Chile - a simply beautiful country with great people and one particularly hot bride!


With a Cinderella veil, ruffled bust and sparkling bodice, Maca (Macarena) looked just divine - it was the stuff out of fairy tales (glad to see that they do really come true).


I love the pureness of the white against Maca's glowing tanned skin, the simplicity of the jewellery and the sheer volume of the veil (the bigger the better I say). There's nothing I would change about this dress!

Then came the party...


Feathers and crystal beads galore - Miss Magpie was in heaven! Our Brazilian dancer certainly got the party going (and the boys excited) and had me thinking that my wardrobe needs a new outfit (feathers included).

And here's lil' ol' me...


Not quite as glam as the bride and nowhere near as sparkly as the dancer (surprising for me, I have to say), but I am in my fave Marc by Marc Jacobs dress and Loubs. As for the fascinator I have none other than Accessorize to thank for that (I was firstly in shock to find myself in said shop and secondly, to find such a brill hat).


And I just had to show you all my new Marni arm candy, courtesy of Mummy Magpie. Isn't just gorge? (The Kir Royal was too!).

As the bride took to the red carpet, providing me with immense sartorial pleasure, who could blame me for nearly forgetting about the other big red carpet event taking place: the Oscars.

I'm sure you've all seen the photos hundreds of times, so i'll keep it short and sweet (with a bit of sour) by just awarding 2 prizes: the best and the worst (original!).

First, the worst:

Vera Farmiga in Marchesa

I think Vera has a law suit brewing. Her stylist needs shooting! Honestly, it is the most hideous creation I have ever seen - ruffles may be big this season, but come on! I know I normally say that more is more, but in this case the more I look at it, the more I feel sick. Who'd wear deep fuschia against a red carpet?! Moron.

The best:

Jennifer Lopez in Armani Prive

A surprise for me with JLo here. Maybe I am still suffering from wedding fever (in a good way obv) so the white ballgown is just calling to me, but I think Jen stands out more than any other star. This is a real 'look-at-me' number, which is exactly what I like to see at these celeb-filled, uber-glam events. Heaven.

Snaps must also go to Sandra Bullock and Cameron Diaz for making an impression on Miss Magpie too.

From the red carpet to the catwalk and it must have been a very sad day for the small group of editors invited to the Alexander McQueen A/W'10 show last week. The FINAL Alexander McQueen show. It was of course a spectacular series of looks, delving in to history and religion...but with the McQueen magic coming through in bondage style headgear, OTT details and an ornateness rarely seen on other stages.

Alexander McQueen A/W'10

A divine high collared coat made entirely of gold feathers that falls open in to a mille-feuille of tulle - who else but McQueen could have turned such an absurd idea in to such a beautiful reality? The man done good.

And breathe...


No comments:

Post a Comment