Tuesday 2 March 2010

Ode to a Louboutin

Miss Magpie is most definitely a shoe girl and there's no one who can throw her more head-over-heels-in-lust than Christian Louboutin. He is quite simply my shoe god and when I wear my treasured Loubs, I feel sky high (physically and emotionally).

So you won't be shocked to hear that when I saw the cover of this month's Harper's Bazaar Arabia Best Dressed supplement, I let out a Louboutin-induced gasp. A particularly vertiginous black patent heel set against a gold background - who'd have thought it could hold such an impact. It's an absolutely striking image, especially for this mammoth footwear fiend.

Not only that, Editor-in-Chief Louise Foster (my ultra glamorous ex-Editor at Grazia Middle East) met up with the man himself today...and wait for it...got herself a little momento of her meeting:


Swoon! I'd have that framed and on my wall pronto. Nice work Lou.

And from personal experience I know that Mr Louboutin is super-duper lovely.


That's me interviewing him a couple of years ago. Don't you just love his studded loafers - he'd had them especially made for him but confided in me that they were a bit small and were pinching his feet. That's love. Love for shoes. See...me and him are like kindred spirits!


We could totally be best friends...

F.Y.I Harper's Bazaar Arabia covers the entire Middle Eastern area...alas, we can not get it here...but you can follow it on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Steph, you are such a cutie. Thank you for the mention. CL is opening a store in Mall of the Emirates during the second half of the year, so you might need to come and visit us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd heard that wonderful rumour...it could be VERY dangerous for me, but i'm sure it will do brilliantly over there. I'll have to come for 'research purposes' i think! Glad you like xx

    ReplyDelete