Sunday 12 September 2010

Brother Gym's birthday bash

Yesterday saw my little brother turn the ripe old age of 25. Gulp! Miss Magpie is beginning to feel old.

In order to celebrate this milestone birthday, the whole family were treated to a slap-up lunch at Hibiscus - a fabulous 2 Michelin star restaurant hidden behind London's Regent Street.

My wardrobe choice for this special day was very important. With an eight course tasting menu, I needed to look chic but feel comfortable, as my waistline was bound to expand during the day!


I opted for this Anna Sui belted dress, accessorised with a pair gold snakeskin Jimmy Choos, burgundy Mawi snakeskin clutch bag and a Dsquared2 gold necklace. I really love the print and colour of the dress and since I haven't worn it in yonks, I thought it deserved an outing.

Interestingly, my little bro and Daddy Magpie went for the same look as each other:


Don't they look handsome? Perhaps a little nightclub bouncer, but only at the classiest establishment of course! Very smart.

Now to the meal. My favourite course? The amuse-bouche.


Strawberry fizz with a pineapple foam, dusted with basil and containing a popping surprise. As we swallowed the contents of the glass, like a shot, these large pineapple flavoured bubbles exploded in our mouths. Sensational!

In fact, the whole day was sensational. Happy Birthday, lil' bro.

FYI My little brother, also known as Brother Gym, is a fabulous writer, personal trainer and blogger. Check out his fantastic blog right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment