Thursday 23 September 2010

London Fashion Week Highlights

I couldn't move on to Milan without telling you about everything else that happened at London Fashion Week. With nearly 70 shows in the space of 5 days, I clearly didn't make it to all of them (and er, didn't receive invites to all of them), so let's have a look at the best of the best from London's hottest designers.


Burberry Prorsum

Well, who wasn't excited about this show? The anticipation was palpable. The last few years has seen Burberry delivering us the most amazing and desirable collections. This collection was no different.

Skin-tight leather and biker jackets just ooze cool.

Add some attitude to your pretty dressed with a hard-core leather jacket.

Take one traditional trench coat and bring it in to 2011 with a metallic fabric.

The trench isn't going anywhere. Add some zing to yours with some serious studs.

A Burberry cover-up is now taking top position on my wish-list. From the original trench coat to its modern incarnations and everything inbetween, they are just the most classic and style savvy pieces you can own.

Following on from Autumn/Winters harder edge, Spring/Summer for Burberry is all about leather, studs, python and patent. I can barely contain my excitement!! Not every summery I hear you say... Who cares! Someone needed to shake it up.

I'm going to invest in a leather jacket now and I know this will carry me over for seasons to come. Take my advice and do the same,

Christopher Kane

I never really know what to expect from Christoper Kane - neon brights, gorilla t-shirts, WI style embroidery....and now a homage to Princess Margaret. We're taking lace and twin-sets. Seriously.

Prim and proper with a touch of naughty in the PVC.

Matchy matchy twin-sets with a sheer twist.

But, because it is Christopher Kane, he gave it to us with a twist. Neon brights, laced PVC and sheer fabrics brought out the youthful, fun side we all enjoy about Kane.

As for the reference to Princess Margaret, Christopher thinks of her as 'super sophisticated' and his sister Tammy sums up the collection as 'Princess Margaret on acid'. Now it all makes sense and I love it. All I'd like to see now is Princess Margaret actually on acid; that would be a show!

Erdem

The master of pretty, Erdem Moralioglu did not disappoint. Inspired by the beauty of the ballet, the collection was full of delicate lace, feminine shapes and pretty prints.

Just divine. White lace at its best. Pretty, pretty, pretty!

I adore this gown, but has anyone noticed how similar it is to Antonio Berardi's AW collection?

No doubt we'll be seeing this on the red carpets!

Nothing to say apart from that I can't imagine anyone not falling for this collection.

Matthew Williamson

The venue, I hear, was magnifique! Battersea Power Station. How cool.

The collection was er, not very Matthew Williamson. I mean, it was fab (naturally), but just not was expected.

See for yourself:




See! These are not the party-gal dresses we're used to.

Matthew's idea was that of a girl stranded on a desert island. Now I have to say that if I had this wardrobe while stranded somewhere in some far off to sea, I'd be over the moon!

And now...

...because we must all be getting tired (and I've had a general anaesthetic today and the painkillers are slowly wearing off), here are some more of my fave looks from LFW - the summarised version, you'll be pleased to hear.

Antonio Berardi

Clements Ribeiro

David Koma

Giles

House of Holland

Julien Macdonald

Marios Schwab

Unique

Over and out.

See you in Milan (well virtually anyway) tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment