Monday 20 September 2010

London Fashion Week, Day 3...cont.

Hello, hello...

I promised you Richard Nicoll. Here you are.


A sheer twin-set encrusted with Swarovski crystals, teamed with a patent PVC fishtail pencil skirt - a sort of 'proper' take on fetishism. I think Richard actually plucked this out of my dreams. I want it ALL.


There was lots of monochrome going on, which made quite a stark contrast to the softer nude colours filling the collection.


This look shows you quite how much the Seventies influenced Richard Nicoll. I adore the pleated chiffon and the fluidity it provides.

These three pics might make the collection look quite erratic but what it actually shows is the period in time Nicoll was referencing. To be precise he was looking back at a few years in the Seventies between the days of glam-rock and punk. David Bowie was, apparently, a huge inspiration (and naturally the music all came from him). I'm not so au fait with that particular period in history, but what I can tell you is that it provided a great source of inspiration for RN.

The collection is the perfect balance of femininity, edge and glamour. I heart big time!

As Elaine and I left the show we spotted model du jour Jourdan Dunn. Perhaps it was the pre-show champers or maybe a rare moment of supreme confidence but...


What a way to make yourself feel short, fat and ugly.

Here's what I looked like without a model by my side:


I think I prefer the solo look!

No comments:

Post a Comment