Friday 10 September 2010

Miss Magpie goes shopping...

As you may know it was my birthday last weekend, so Mummy Magpie thought she would welcome in my new year with a spot of shopping. Well, actually, quite a lot of shopping!

We thought we'd hit Vogues Fashion Night Out - discounts, champers and a possible celeb spotting. What's not to like?

First stop: Browns, South Molton Street


OMG - I fell head over heels in love with this beauty! All was going well, until I looked at the price tag. This is not an impulse buy...this is a real investment. One I wasn't quite ready to make on the night, but one I may consider when the sound of the wedding bells is drawing closer!

FYI its Alexander McQueen and it'll set you back a mere £930. If your bank balance is higher than mine, you can buy it here. I promise you won't regret it (how could you - it's exquisite) and if you do buy it, perhaps you can let me borrow it some time??!

I had to make a swift exit from Browns as my credit card was in severe danger of being maxed out - Browns stocks some of the most beautiful items I have ever seen.

Stop two: Butler & Wilson, South Molton Street

With sparkly jewellery fixed firmly in my mind, we moved on to Butler & Wilson. Miss Magpie was in heaven! Surrounded by so many sparkles it feels like I'd found my sartorial home.

I tried on a lot. I drank a lot of champagne (thank you B&W). I bought these:




Oh my... How I love thee. As the queen of statement jewellery, I wanted to go for something a little more grown up and refined for a change. I think I found the perfect balance of statement and elegance.

Check out the Butler & Wilson website here. I want EVERYTHING!!!

A dinner and a sleep later, the shopping continued...

Shop three: Zara

Taking heed of this season's hottest trends (and there's another post coming on that in a second), I was very excited when I saw these fab pieces.


A lovely silk leopard print top that I'll be able to wear with anything! There was no doubt in my mind when I spotted it (geddit?!), that I had to have it!


Next came a brown leather skirt. I've been looking for the perfect leather number for some time now, but didn't want to spend a fortune on one, so I was so happy to find this beaut at the purse-friendly price of £59.99. Perfect!

Check out Zara's brand spanking new website here.

A quick lunch stop

All that shopping had our tummies rumbling, so Mummy Magpie treated me to a rather fine lunch of champagne and oysters at the Selfridge's food hall. It was exquisite. Thank you!


Shop four: Dune, Selfridges

With jewellery and clothes sorted (and tummies filled), I decided that my final purchase should take care of my feet. I've been wanting a pair of thigh high boots for a while now, so when I tried these babies on in Dune, I knew they had to be mine!



They are not only totally on-trend, the ultimate statement-makers and utterly chic...they are oh-so comfortable. You don't often get all those requirements in one shoe, so I was sold instantly. And for £110, I think they are pretty bargain-tastic! Have a look at more goodies here.

And there the shopping trip ended. Sigh.

Just enough time to pop home, put my glad-rags on and meet my beau for a slap-up meal in honour of  date night and my birthday (I think I have now officially dragged it out for as long as humanly possible!).

We went for a lovely meal at the Paramount Club (at the top of the Centre Point building), so I took the opportunity to debut one of my new necklaces:


A simple little dress is all you need when you have such bling hanging around your neck!


The perfect accessory: Roseberry champagne cocktail. With rose, lychee and champagne filling the glass, my taste buds were going wild. It was so delicious I had to have two.


And the icing on the cake? A beautiful view over London at sunset.

Miss Magpie is feeling very spoiled and loved. Thank you all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment