Friday 24 September 2010

Milan Fashion Week - Round 1

Today, we've woken up in Milan (courtesy of Style.com). Milan is truly the home of beauty and sophistication.

Let's start with the big shots...

Gucci

A collection oozing glamour and polish, Frida Giannini upped the style ante with an homage to the 70s (surprise, surprise) and the colours of Marrakesh. It also has some very modern traits - see the leather and revealing cuts.

P.S. My beau and I are clearly on-trend as we are planning our wedding in Marrakesh. Hip-hip-hurray!





Prada

Miuccia Prada is the leader of the pack, always setting the standard for future trends. One problem: I don't like her ideas for Spring/Summer '11. It is highly minimalist and too be honest, no that flattering! I do however, like the thought that we will all be wearing bright, zingy hues come next summer.




D&G

I want an allotment and D&G will provide the perfect wardrobe for my new hobby. Inspired by flower-filled gardens, the D&G designing duo conjured up the prettiest collection I have seen all season. Flower prints, stripes and checks galore, I adore the whole lot.





It feels straight out The Good Life doesn't it? I'm wishing away the days to next summer if it means i can sling on some florals and wellies and get all mucky!

Fendi

There's a lot of Karl Lagerfeld in this collection. Example one - fur. Yay - I'm a fan. I'm also cheering on these simple cuts and gentle hues. Anyone see the 1970s coming through again? Has a trend ever been made so clear?!



Alberta Ferretti

Like the boys at D&G, Alberta Ferretti also looked to her garden for inspiration. Pretty prints, unfussy frills and flowing fabrics, this collection is another winner in my books. There were also maxi dresses galore which I can see being a big hit next year. Long live the maxi!



So, as you can see, Milan has gotten off to a fashion-tastic start. I look forward to seeing what else the Italians have in store for us. Keep reading for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment